Can the Family Court make Orders in relation to property and children on an urgent basis?

Yes, the Court can make interim Orders in relation to property and children’s matters at any time. An interim Order is an Order made before the final determination of an Initiating Application.

For example, a party may apply to the Court for an interim Order to decide where a child lives until such time as a final hearing. Other examples include applying to the Court for urgent Spousal Maintenance or injunctions to prevent a party from disposing of assets.

By Anna Roberts

Director, Solicitor & Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner

Anna Roberts