Our Lawyers are experts in asking the right questions to get the information they need to properly advise you. All your Specialist Family Lawyer will really need is to hear you tell your story.
However, bringing some additional paperwork can be helpful and can assist to prompt your memory. If you have time to gather some papers, the documents that will most help your Specialist Family Lawyer are:
- Any paperwork you have received from your ex or their Lawyer,
- Any legal paperwork about your relationship such as a pre-nuptial agreement or Court Orders,
- Details of the assets, debts and superannuation you and your ex had when you started your relationship,
- Details of the assets, debts and superannuation you and your ex have now,
- Details of any lump sum amounts received by you or your ex during the relationship and/or since separation such as gifts or financial assistance from parents, inheritances, redundancies, workers’ compensation payments, lottery winnings or similar, and
- Details of current income for you and your ex.
Before your appointment, our staff will ask you to complete our Client Intake Form with the essential information that your Specialist Family Lawyer needs before starting your Smart Start Appointment.