Legal rights and entitlements can depend on the nature of the relationship, its history and duration, the birth of children and factors in relation to the interdependency and a person’s ongoing need for financial support.
At Delaney Roberts Specialist Family Lawyers, our skilled Family Lawyers will ask you to provide detailed information about your circumstances and will advise you clearly about your rights and entitlements and the next steps you should take.
Family Law legal issues generally arise during the following significant life events:
Divorce or Separation
The breakdown of a significant relationship is a fundamental part of Family Law. The existence, duration and history of the relationship creates rights and obligations of each party in relation to:
- Parenting arrangements
- Child Support
- Division of property
- Spousal maintenance
Planning to look after your family wealth in the event of death is a complex area of law requiring skilled interpretation of the structuring of assets and applying mechanisms for inheritance with minimal cost, complexity, delay or challenge.
Death of a Family Member or Loved One
Dealing with the death of a family member or loved one can raise issues including:
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Validity of the Will
- Proper division of assets without delay
- Making a challenge to the terms of the Will to make a claim on the Estate
Growing Your Family
The huge emotional rollercoaster of growing a young family can lead to legal issues around:
- Appointing a guardian for your children in case you were to pass away
- Assisted reproduction technology including embryo/gamete donation
- Dealing with the complexities of blended families